Attending the Ready. Steady. Go Meetup will provide you with an opportunity to WIN a Geospatial Platform Development project worth up to
Esri South Africa challenges
to build a better South Africa!
READY STEADY GO
“South Africa’s urban population is growing larger and younger, and it is envisaged that nearly 80% of the total population will be living in an urban area by 2050“
City Sprawl leads to Urban Development Challenges
Your task is to design a Geospatial based solution that incorporates one or more of the following 8 principles of sustainable urbanisation.
Develop neighbourhoods that promote walking
Prioritise bicycle networks
Create dense networks of streets and paths around transport hubs
Support high quality public transit
Zone for Mixed use neighbourhoods
Match density to transit capacity
Create compact regions with short commutes
Increase mobility by regulating parking and road use
The “City Sprawl leads To Urban Development Challenges” is a Startup challenge that calls on young citizens of South Africa (35 years or younger) to pitch a solution to overcome city sprawl in South Africa through the innovative use of Esri Technology.
- The Challenge is open to startups and developers, or those keen to try it out. You must be 35 years or younger and be a resident of South Africa.
- The challenge is for you to come up with a solution that helps South Africa to overcome city sprawl through the innovative use of Esri Technology.
- You will be required to pitch an innovative solution describing the use of Esri Technology. Individuals will pitch their solution to a panel of experts.
- Win a Geospatial Platform Development project worth up to R50 000
- Your idea will receive recognition in Esri South Africa’s GIS community and StartTech community.
The following is an overview of the process contestants will need to follow to participate in the Challenge:
- Developers/Startups must register on the website to participate.
- Participants will be invited to a pitch night at Esri South Africa Offices to pitch their innovative solution
How to enter
Submit your entry by completing the Challenge Application Form below.
Apply by no later than 31st of August 2019
For more information contact email@example.com
This is your front row seat to work with the leading geospatial company Esri South Africa!
Entries will be based on the following criteria:
- Creativity – Bringing the “wow” factor of GIS to solve a problem.
- Functionality – Capability of the product to solve a spatial problem in South Africa .
- Technicality – The innovative use of Esri technology to create the solution.
- Scalability – Potential for future upgrades to improve upon the solution.
- Business value – Solving a problem while aligning to Esri South Africa’s business goals